e-Portfolios have come a long way since they were simply a web-based repository for things they would have once stored in a paper portfolio.
Any modern e-portfolio will store electronic resources such as documents, images and other evidence of competency, but a really good e-portfolio also offers:
- Different interfaces for different users (apprentices, employers, training providers, QA)
- Easy logging of competency, including the use of electronic evidence if appropriate
- Easy mapping of activity to qualification structure
- The use of many thousands of certified qualification (and Standards) structures, as well as bespoke company-specific programmes
- Reporting on every aspect of delivery, progress and achievement
- Inspection-ready reports
- Communication between all parties
- Learner Diaries – allowing reflective accounts to be captured
- Reminders of upcoming submission dates, reviews etc
- Off the Job Training hours recording and reporting
- Integration with your existing student record systems
What Price Value?